Director Government Shareholdings (FMG/PA 3)
- Salary – $4,594,306 p.a
- The Director of Government Shareholdings is responsible for overseeing the shareholdings of the Government and accounting for all Government securities. The incumbent will implement systems that allow for the safe custodianship of share values and maintain an accounting of all Government investments in public bodies. The incumbent will administer the public sector investment policy, safeguarding the Government from undue risks.
- Ensures that assets are properly recognised, measured and carried in the books;
- Ensures that revaluation, de-recognition, retirement and write-off of assets are done in accordance with IPSAS;
- Ensures required insurances are in place;
- Updates register when new companies are formed or when Government divests its shareholdings;
- Removes physical share certificates (where applicable) and submits to respective Company Secretary;
- Effects necessary transfer when Government no longer has interest in an entity;
- Liaises with company management and Secretary to obtain available Audit Management Reports on the operations of companies;
- Prepares briefs for Annual General Meetings;
- Ensures that the legal procedures for proper conduct of Annual General Meeting of Government entities are observed;
- Attends Annual General and Extra-ordinary General meetings along with/in the absence of the Director, Banking Arrangements and Government Shareholdings;
- Ensures that dividends due to the Consolidated Fund/TSA are paid over;
- Seeks clarification on aspects of Financial Statements;
- Raises relevant questions regarding the operation of Government entities;
- Prepares and submits statement of Capital Investments of the Consolidated Fund/TSA;
- Liaises with Internal Audit to verify statement prior to submission;
- Co-ordinates responses to related Audit Queries received by the Department.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Management Studies with Accounting or BBA Degree from an accredited University or; ACCA Level 2 or; Asc. Degree Accounting, MIND, along with the Diploma in Government Accounting, MIND.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a related field with at least two (2) years in a similar position.
- Oral & Written Communication Skills
- Problem Solving and Analytical Skills
- Customer Focus
- Results Focus
- Knowledge of the Crown Property Vesting (CPV) Act, the FAA Act, and other relevant Acts and regulations.
- Performance Management
- Emotional Intelligence