Manager, Standards and Policies (FMG/PA 2)
- Salary – 3,770,761 p.a
- The Manager, Accounting Standards and Policies ensures that the standard cash IPSAS is rolled out and in use by all Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs); that the necessary training and monitoring is provided; it is implemented across Government to ensure compliance with standards that give a true and fair presentation and full disclosure of the affairs of the Government; and that the accounts are prepared according to the set regulations, laws, standards and guidelines.
- Participates in the development/amendment, implementation and maintenance of, IPSAS compliant Government’s accounting standards, instructions, policies and procedures;
- Develops, revises or evaluates and approves accounting and financial management manuals and guidelines, handouts, brochures etc. for use in the public sector and ensure the proper distribution of these documents to the relevant officers;
- Co-ordinates the training needs analysis of finance and accounting officers in the public sector;
- Collaborates with the Training and Development Manager to develop and deliver co-ordinated and integrated training programmes for finance and accounting officers in the public sector;
- Creates system to monitor the effectiveness of training courses against standards, oversees the analysis of results, and takes corrective action in the event of poor results;
- Provides guidance to the AGD and MDAs on custody and maintenance of Chart of Accounts;
- Maintains relations between the Treasury and other Government departments in accordance with defined procedures;
- Distributes financial regulations and issues Treasury Circulars so that there are adequate systems relevant to public financial management for the general upkeep and maintenance of accounting systems;
- Conducts research and recommends changes to policies, procedures and systems to enhance PFM;
- Assists with the establishment of internal control systems;
- Deputizes for the Director Standards and Policies as and when required.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Management Studies with Accounting or BBA Degree from an accredited University or; ACCA Level 2 or; NVQJ Level 5, Accounting; or Asc. Degree in Accounting, MIND along with the Diploma in Government Accounting, MIND.
- Six (6) years of experience in a related field with at least two (2) years in a similar position;
- Oral & Written Communication Skills
- Problem Solving and Analytical Skills
- Customer Focus
- Results Focus
- Performance Management
- Emotional Intelligence
- Comprehensive knowledge of the public finance legal framework;
- Sound understanding of the public expenditure policy environment and the aims and methods of public sector modernization.