The Miscellaneous Loan is accessible for:
- Emergencies (funerals, medical)
- Home repairs (e.g. roofing)
- Purchasing of appliances (refrigerators and stoves)
To be eligible for a miscellaneous loan an officer should be appointed and should have served a probationary period of 6 months in the public service. Additionally; the applicant must have two sureties who have been permanently appointed for not less than 1 year in the service.
The Ministry of Finance determines the amount to be approved
Documentation required for Miscellaneous Loans
- Letter requesting the Miscellaneous stating the purpose of the loan
- Invoices (proforma invoices, estimates for repairs, copy of the title property)
- Application for this loan is done through the Human Resource or Training Unit of the respective ministry department or agency.
This loan attracts 5% per annum interest on a reducing balance payable every quarter