Information Technology Unit
This Division comprises the technological arm of the Department. It seeks, through technology, to support the business functions of the AGD, while striving to improve the AGD technology infrastructure in the areas of Hardware, Software, Services, Communication and Security. The Division is also responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the AGD’s Records Management System.
The Registry Unit is the primary Custodian of the Department’s records. It is the unit’s mission :-
- to create, maintain and disseminate authentic, usable, and relevant records in support of the AGD’s business processes (payment of pensions, disbursement of personal loans etc.);
- to maintain corporate memory;
- to provide continuity in the event of disaster
- to provide protection from litigation.
- accepts, records and routes incoming mail and values from Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) and individual stakeholders to the relevant units within the Department
- accepts, records and dispatches outgoing mail and values to Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) and individual stakeholders on behalf of the Department
- creates, updates and disseminates personal, pensioners’ and administrative files to facilitate payments and other relevant actions.