Manager, Infrastructure Operations (MIS/IT 6)
- Salary – $4,594,306 p.a
– The Manager, Infrastructure Operations will ensure the development, implementation and maintenance of a robust information technology infrastructure platform that can support the demands of the AGD, in its thrust of modernization and automation. The incumbent is also responsible for the Infrastructure & Operations (I&O) function throughout the AGD. This includes Data Centre Operations (rack management, servers, storage, operating environment (A/C, power, lighting), networking & appliances), and network administration.
- Provides sound advice to the Accountant General, the Director Information Technology and other stakeholders on:
- Technical and IT infrastructure requirements;
- Emerging infrastructure and End User Computing services and technologies having characteristics likely to provide benefit to the efficiency or capabilities of the Department;
- Opportunities to apply new technologies or other solutions to challenges facing the AGD’s operations and/or business services;
- Changes or emerging risks in supplier or product status and capabilities, standards and protocols, or other industry, market, or technology factors that may influence or impact IT systems and processes.
- Provides infrastructure services vision, enable innovation and leverage IT trends that can create business value consistent with the AGD’s requirements.
- Leads GoJ-wide, strategic technology initiatives to build and maintain key elements of the AGD’s enterprise infrastructure, including but not limited to 24×7 Data Centre operations; mobility; and remote access services, ubiquitous (GoJ-wide) wireless networks, and enterprise-scale messaging environments.
- Participates in the development, tracking, optimizing and enforcing of short-term and long-term information systems budgets for the unit.
- Manages the day to day operations of the unit guaranteeing the smooth running of all ICT infrastructure.
- Participates in product evaluations, product and service selections, to ensure that pricing, terms, and conditions for supplier contracts meet AGD’s and IT standards and requirements while achieving optimal results.
- Manages the design, establishment, and maintenance of a network infrastructure for local and wide area connectivity and remote access.
- Conducts technical needs analysis for technology-based infrastructure solutions to satisfy the requirements of the AGD, MOFP and other MDAs.
- Ensures that the unit administers network activities and functions for the AGD using information, software, hardware, policies, and procedures to plan, configure, operate, optimize, and troubleshoot networks and communication devices.
- Provides secure access to the network for remote users.
- Manages the deployment of new computer equipment and evaluates the risks associated with adopting new technologies and computer systems.
- Ensures that automated solutions are incorporated to enhance the efficiency of the operations of the AGD, in the provision of infrastructure platforms.
- Assesses and anticipates infrastructure requirements and recommends appropriate actions and resources.
- Provides infrastructure requirements for the development and implementation of systems.
- Participates to ensure that best prices are negotiated with vendors for replacement/new IT infrastructure solutions.
- Manages crisis situations, which may involve complex technical infrastructure problems.
- Ensure effective management of IT assets and achievement of full lifecycle value.
- Monitors equipment logs using appropriate software to aid in the detection and resolution of technical problems.
- Prepares appropriate technical and end user documentation for the unit and other stakeholders for new infrastructure delivered by the unit.
- Keeps current with emerging IT trends, and current dominant technologies.
- Ensures comprehensive disaster recovery architecture is maintained and operations are in place.
- Develops security tools, policies and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team.
- Builds and maintains relationships with all internal units.
- Provides periodic reports as required.
- Signs job description and individual work plan.
Qualification and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized institution in Computer Science OR Information Technology OR equivalent
- Incumbent must have technical expertise in IT Systems
- At least 3 years’ experience, in a related technical IT position and at least 2 years in a managerial capacity.
- Good Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Good Problem Solving and Analytical Skills
- Good Customer Focus Skills
- Results Focus
- Good knowledge of Information Technology Principles
- Good knowledge of Legislations, Policies and Procedures
- Good Leadership Skill
- High Emotional Intelligence
- Good Performance Management Skills